Teen Mazda Challenge
The NASA Teen Mazda Challenge (TMC) is a unique program designed specifically for young drivers coming out of karting and entering sports car racing. NASA TMC offers young drivers unique opportunities that can help advance them into a career in professional motorsports through the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout, the grand prize of which is a scholarship valued at $110,000 applicable to a season of racing in the Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires. See the Contingencies and Prizes page for additional details. In addition to this prestigious award, the TMC series has a number of other generous programs that provide unique benefits to up and coming drivers striving to advance their motorsports career.
To participate in TMC, drivers must:
- Be between 13 and 20 years of age at their first TMC race of the season;
- Create a NASA Account and purchase a NASA Membership;
- Apply for a NASA Competition License before the season starts;
- Instructions on how to apply for your NASA Competition License.
- Complete the Teen Mazda Challenge Program Registration Form; minors must also submit a Parental Release Form – Minor Waiver completed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Register for an event!